THOMAS STEVENS, TRUMPET.
* Peter Maxwell Davies and George Antheil: Sonatas for Trumpet & Piano;
* Hans Werner Henze: Sonatina;
* Thomas Stevens: Triangles, Variations on a Clifford Interval,
* Thomas Stevens: A New Carnival of Venice for four trumpets;
* Henri Tomasi: Triptyque;
* Ibert: Impromptu;
* Bernstein: Rondo for Lifey;
* Charles Dodge: Extensions;
* Meyer Kupferman: Three Ideas.
Personnel include Zita Carno, David Wheatley, Chet Swiatkowski, piano; Charlie Shoemake, vibraphone; Barry Lieberman, bass; with the Los Angeles Philharmonic Trumpet section.
“Tom Stevens is at one and the same a virtuoso and a highly thoughtful musician. I can think of only a handful of players who are his equal, and certainly none better.”
-- Andre Previn