Unique and comprehensive, this is the benchmark orchestral excerpt book for trombone.
Megumi Kanda, renowned artist and principal trombonist of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, offers expert advise and insight for aspiring trombonists.
* Performance instructions for 100 essential symphonic works.
* 340 primary trombone audition passages are presented clearly and accurately.
* The errors present in the original trombone parts have been carefully corrected in the included excerpts and listed for quick reference.
* Composer biographical information by Charles Greenwell and Byron Hanson.
* Passages requiring memorization are highlighted.
Megumi Kanda, a native of Tokyo, Japan, was appointed Principal Trombonist of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra in 2002. In April 2006, she was recognized by the Arion Foundation in Tokyo as one of the most influential Japanese classical artists.