This is a beginning book for Bb Trumpet. Composed by John O'Reilly and Mark Williams. Concert Band. For B-Flat Trumpet. Concert Band Method; Method/Instruction; SmartMusic. Accent on Achievement. Beginner. Book & CD. 48 pages.
Accent on Achievement is a revolutionary, best-selling band method that will excite and stimulate your students through full-color pages and the most complete collection of classics and world music in any band method. The comprehensive review cycle in books 1 & 2 will ensure that students remember what they learn and progress quickly. Also included are rhythm and rest exercises, chorales, scale exercises, and 11 full band arrangements among the first two books. Book 3 includes progressive technical, rhythmic studies and chorales in all 12 major and minor keys. Also included are lip slur exercises for increasing brass instrument range and flexibility. Accent on Achievement meets and exceeds the USA National Standards for music education, grades five through eight.
This series for band contains five different student books and plenty of supplemental materials. Accent on Achievement, Books 1 & 2 contain lesson materials that teach your beginning students how to play their instruments. Book 3 is arranged by key signature and features exercises and chorales in 12 major and 12 minor keys.
- 5 full-band arrangements
- Solo with piano accompaniment
- 22 different classical composers
- 49 folk songs from 19 countries
- Chorales in the keys of Concert B-flat, F, E-flat and A-flat
- 6 creativity exercises (composing and improvisation)
- 15 duets
- 2 pages of rhythm clapping exercises
- 2 pages of exercises for rests
- Scales & thirds in 4 keys
- 7 technical exercises plus 2 additional pages!
- 8 theory exercises
Book 1 Composer List
- Bach - Minuet
- Beethoven - Ode to Joy from "Symphony No. 9"
- Billings - Chester
- Brahms - Theme from "Symphony No. 1"
- Clarke - Trumpet Voluntary
- Dvorak - Theme from "New World Symphony"
- Elgar - Pomp and Circumstance
- Foster - Camptown Races
- Gliere - Russian Sailor's Dance
- Grieg - Morning from "Peer Gynt"
- Handel - Hail, the Conquering Hero
- Haydn - Surprise Symphony
- Humperdinck - Hansel and Gretel Chorale
- Mozart - March from "Rondo Alla Turca"
- Offenbach - Finale from "Orpheus" (Can-Can)
- Rossini - William Tell Overture
- Sibelius - Finlandia
- Sousa - Medley: High School Cadets, Manhattan Beach
- Strauss, J. - Southern Roses
- Tchaikovsky - March Slav
- Verdi - Anvil Chorus from "Il Trovatore"
Book 1 Folk and World Music (by Country)
- African - Kum Ba Yah
- American -
- Amazing Grace,
- Donkey Round,
- Shoo Fly,
- Bile Them Cabbage Down,
- Skip To My Lou,
- Tom Dooley,
- On Top of Old Smoky,
- This Old Man,
- Polly Wolly Doodle,
- Bill Grogan's Goat,
- Aura Lee,
- Liza Jane,
- Long Time Ago,
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- Australian - Kookaburra, Botany Bay
- Canadian - Alouette
- Chinese - Jasmine Flower
- Czech - Stodola Pumpa
- English - London Bridge, Shepherd's Hey, Hot Cross Buns
- French - Frère Jacques, Au Claire de la Lune, On the Bridge at Avignon
- German - Lightly Row
- Hawaiian - Aloha Oe
- Irish - Wearing of the Green, When Love is Kind
- Israeli - Hatikvah
- Italian - Carnival of Venice, Bella Bimba
- Jamaican - Mary Ann
- Japanese - Sakura
- Korean - Arirang
- Mexican - La Bamba, Las Mananitas, Chiapanecas
- Russian - Song of the Volga Boatmen
- Scottish - Ye Banks and Braes of Bonnie Doon
- Ukrainian - Minka, Minka
- Traditional - Chopsticks, The Snake Charmer, It's Raining It's Pouring, Reuben and Rachel
- Holiday - Jingle Bells, Good King Wenceslas, Jolly Old St. Nicholas, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Dreydl Song
Accent on Achievement Book and CD for Trumpet Book 2
This is a methods book for Bb Trumpet. Composed by John O'Reilly and Mark Williams. Concert Band. For B-Flat Trumpet. Concert Band Method; Method/Instruction; SmartMusic. Accent on Achievement. Beginner. Book & CD. 48 pages.
Accent on Review: 4 pages of comprehensive review for a smooth transition from Book 1 (click on image at right to view)
6 full-band arrangements
26 different classical composers
41 folk songs from 19 countries
Chromatics and range development
3/8, 6/8, changing meters
Timpani included in the Mallet Percussion Book
Advanced snare drum rudiments
4 national anthems
Book 2 Composer List
- Alford - Colonel Bogey
- Bach - Now Thank We All Our God
- Beethoven - Theme from "Violin Concerto in D"
- Bizet - Habañera from "Carmen", March of the Toreadors
- Dukas - The Sorcerer's Apprentice
- Dvorak - Finale from "New World Symphony"
- Foster - Some Folks Do
- Gounod - Soldier's Chorus from "Faust"
- Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
- Handel - Water Music
- Herbert - Italian Street Song
- Joplin - The Entertainer
- Mendelssohn - Theme from "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Morley - Now Is the Month of Maying
- Mozart - Aria from "The Marriage of Figaro"
- Mussorgsky - Hopak from "The Fair at Sorochinsk"
- Offenbach - Barcarolle from "Tales of Hoffman"
- Rachmaninoff - Theme from "Piano Concerto No. 2"
- Rimsky-Korsakov - Procession of the Nobles
- Rossini - Overture from "The Barber of Seville"
- Schubert - Theme from "Unfinished Symphony"
- Sousa - High School Cadets, The Thunderer
- Tchaikovsky - March from "Nutcracker"
- Verdi - La Donna é Mobile
- Vivaldi - Spring from "The Four Seasons"
- Wagner - Bridal Chorus from "Lohengrin"
- Ward - America, the Beautiful
Book 2 Folk Songs and World Music
- American Songs -
- Billy Boy,
- Erie Canal,
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody,
- The Old Brass Wagon Old Dan Tucker,
- Over the River and Through the Woods,
- The Pawpaw Patch,
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat,
- Simple Gifts,
- The Star-Spangled Banner (National Anthem),
- Yankee Doodle
- French-Canadian - Il est ne
- French - Pat-a-pan, Triplet Song
- German - O Tannenbaum
- Israeli - Zum Gali Gali
- Italian - Tarantella
- Liberian - Sing Noel
- Mexico - El Floron
- Spanish - Fum, Fum, Fum
- Sweden - Nu är det Jul Igen
- Welsh - All Through the Night
- Traditional - Oats, Peas, Beans, The Man on the Flying Trapeze, Merrily We Roll Along, America / God Save the Queen, Battle Hymn of the Republic
- Holiday - Deck the Halls, Up on the Housetop, I Saw Three Ships
Accent on Achievement Book and CD for Trumpet Book 3
Concert Band. For B-Flat Trumpet. Concert Band Method; Method/Instruction. Accent on Achievement. Intermediate. Book. 40 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.18062).
Book 3 includes progressive technical, rhythmic studies and chorales in all 12 major and minor keys. Also included are lip slur exercises for increasing brass instrument range and flexibility. Accent on Achievement meets and exceeds the USA National Standards for music education, grades five through eight.
Book 3 has a unique format. Organized by key signature, Accent on Achievement, Book 3 is the ideal way to introduce new keys to your band. Students then gain mastery of their instruments through the performance of scales, exercises and melodies in all 12 major and 12 minor keys. Accent on Achievement, Book 3 is also written for ease of use and efficient utilization of rehearsal time, and is designed to produce the maximum technical development in the least amount of time. As a great resource for the busy band director, Book 3 may be used by upper level as well as progressing bands, serving as the "all-in-one" source book for developing technically superior players.