Accent on Achievement is a revolutionary, best-selling band method that will excite and stimulate your students through full-color pages and the most complete collection of classics and world music in any band method. The comprehensive review cycle in books 1 & 2 will ensure that students remember what they learn and progress quickly. Also included are rhythm and rest exercises, chorales, scale exercises, and 11 full band arrangements among the first two books. Book 3 includes progressive technical, rhythmic studies and chorales in all 12 major and minor keys. Also included are lip slur exercises for increasing brass instrument range and flexibility. Accent on Achievement meets and exceeds the USA National Standards for music education, grades five through eight. This title is available in SmartMusic.
Accent on Review: 4 pages of comprehensive review for a smooth transition from Book 1
- 6 full-band arrangements
- 26 different classical composers
- 41 folk songs from 19 countries
- Chromatic and range development
- 3/8, 6/8, changing meters
- Timpani included in the Mallet Percussion Book
- Advanced snare drum rudiments
- 4 national anthems
Book 2 Composer List:
- Alford - Colonel Bogey
- Bach - Now Thank We All Our God
- Beethoven - Theme from "Violin Concerto in D"
- Bizet - Habañera from "Carmen", March of the Toreadors
- Dukas - The Sorcerer's Apprentice
- Dvorak - Finale from "New World Symphony"
- Foster - Some Folks Do
- Gounod - Soldier's Chorus from "Faust"
- Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
- Handel - Water Music
- Herbert - Italian Street Song
- Joplin - The Entertainer
- Mendelssohn - Theme from "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Morley - Now Is the Month of Maying
- Mozart - Aria from "The Marriage of Figaro"
- Mussorgsky - Hopak from "The Fair at Sorochinsk"
- Offenbach - Barcarolle from "Tales of Hoffman"
- Rachmaninoff - Theme from "Piano Concerto No. 2"
- Rimsky-Korsakov - Procession of the Nobles
- Rossini - Overture from "The Barber of Seville"
- Schubert - Theme from "Unfinished Symphony"
- Sousa - High School Cadets, The Thunderer
- Tchaikovsky - March from "Nutcracker"
- Verdi - La Donna é Mobile
- Vivaldi - Spring from "The Four Seasons"
- Wagner - Bridal Chorus from "Lohengrin"
- Ward - America, the Beautiful
Book 2 Folk Songs and World Music:
- American Songs
- Billy Bo
- Erie Canal
- Go Tell Aunt Rhoda
- The Old Brass Wagon
- Old Dan Tucker
- Over the River and Through the Woods
- The Pawpaw Patch
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Simple Gifts
- The Star-Spangled Banner (National Anthem)
- Yankee Doodle
- French-Canadian - Il est ne
- French - Pat-a-pan, Triplet Song
- German - O Tannenbaum
- Israeli - Zum Gali Gali
- Italian - Tarantella
- Liberian - Sing Noel
- Mexico - El Floron
- Spanish - Fum, Fum, Fum
- Sweden - Nu är det Jul Igen
- Welsh - All Through the Night
- Traditional - Oats, Peas, Beans, The Man on the Flying Trapeze, Merrily We Roll Along, America / God Save the Queen, Battle Hymn of the Republic
- Holiday - Deck the Halls, Up on the Housetop, I Saw Three Ships
Accent on Achievement Book and CD for Baritone T.C. Book 3 by John O'Reilly & Mark Williams, pub. Alfred
Book 3 has a unique format. Organized by key signature, Accent on Achievement, Book 3 is the ideal way to introduce new keys to your band. Students then gain mastery of their instruments through the performance of scales, exercises and melodies in all 12 major and 12 minor keys. Accent on Achievement, Book 3 is also written for ease of use and efficient utilization of rehearsal time, and is designed to produce the maximum technical development in the least amount of time. As a great resource for the busy band director, Book 3 may be used by upper level as well as progressing bands, serving as the "all-in-one" source book for developing technically superior players.