The Horn Guys is open weekly for shipping and order pickup.
Up to $250 instant rebate on new Conn, King and Bach pro instruments through June 30.
S.E. Shires Trombone Hand Slide
This is a group of trombone hand slides made by S.E. Shires in Hopedale, MA, USA.
Small Bore Tenor Trombone
- T00LW Lightweight brass w/3 leadpipes
- T00NLW Lightweight Nickel w/3 leadpipes
Medium & Large Tenor Trombone
- T25 .525" Narrow, brass w/nickel crook, 3 leadpipes, lightly used A+
- T47 .547" Narrow, brass w/nickel crook, 2 leadpipes, scratch at leadpipe receiver
- T47YC .547" Narrow, brass w/brass crook, 2 leadpipes small lacquer blem on lower cork barrel
- B78N Straight .578" all nickel hand slide with oversleeves, made as part of the Bonezilla series of instruments. Includes 2 leadpieps, fits standard Shires bass receiver. Standard Morse taper mouthpiece receiver.
Slide models are specified by bore size and crook design. All of the slide tubing is drawn in house to precision tolerances. The slide is then carefully assembled, aligned, and stress relieved to assure a smooth, trouble-free action.
Single bore slides: clear sound, can be more articulate than dual bore.
Slides with no other markings are standard weight, with a nickel crook, yellow brass tubes, and nickel sleeves. Other options are available, described below:
T47 = .547 bore tenor slide with tenor crook: centered sound and feel
T25 = .525 bore tenor slide
T00 = .500 bore tenor slide
LW = Light Weight: no sleeves, quicker response, more brilliant sound
N = Nickel Tubes: brilliant, articulate sound
YC = Yellow Crook: warmer, rounder sound and articulations
More from this collection